Injured at Work?


Contact Information:

Law Office
Eric M. May, P.C.
Of Counsel with
Ashcraft & Gerel, LLP
1825 K Street, N.W.
Suite 700
Washington, D.C. 20006


Phone: 202-822-8264
Fax: 202-416-6392

facebook maylaw

Injured at Work?

What To Do If Your Are Injured At Work

  • Notify your employer immediately
  • Get medical treatment
  • Set up a simple system for keeping a record for all losses and expenses related to your injury. Save all bills, receipts, and other records for:
    • Time lost from work
    • Medical care and dates of treatment
    • Payments to hospitals and doctors
    • Payments for any other professional services related to your illness – nurses, therapists, etc.
    • Expenses for medicine
    • Special equipment or devices used in treatment or rehabilitation
    • Transportation to and from doctors, hospitals, therapists, drug stores, etc.
    • Get a workers’ compensation claim form and file with the appropriate government agency which handles workers’ compensation cases.